Monday, August 20, 2007

W>A>T>C>H>O>U>T>
Reality Bites. Everyday and Night.


"I hate clocks, and i could break them all!!"


Ashley Mollerup is sitting next to me on her couch and it's 2:30 in the morning.


Her roomate has made some sort of fish dish tonight and it reeks like the San Fransisco bay.
We have just gotten done discussing each others communication flaws, while making custom ringtones on I-tunes. My favorite ringtone of the evening is Lo-Fi-Fnk's What's On Your Mind, which i'm making play on my phone everytime I recieve a text message. I soon realize i hate the sound of clocks, but rarely have time to hear them because i'm either hearing people bicker, listening to jams or thinking really loudly.


All of this is happening after our latest summer trend, that is watching a fresh crop of really trashy reality television. Let me explain! I used to loathe the very idea of this sort of entertainment, excluding timeless classics such as The Real World and that awesome show on VH1 called Bands On The Run. But with the addition of the ON DEMAND feature in my life, cable tv's finest reality tv offerings are now at mine and my crew's disposal. This started with my liking of the latest season of Survivor a few months ago. That was when i individually got hooked to watching certain people's bickering and drama unfold in a "game" style setting with rediculous competitions and strategy. But it wasn't until VH1 decided to play a marathon of one of the seasons of Surreal Life, that Ashley joined me in a growing obsession. I caught our friend Adam watching Beauty and the Geek and Americas Top Model and sat in on those marathons and decidedly got hooked to watching as well. Perhaps it was the chance to make our own commentary on everything that was so funny and rediculous about each program.
Lately though this whole thing has gotten way out of hand. I know this because I have decided to dedicate a whole blog entry about this fascination! Here I have compiled a list of the shows that are driving me mad, both the good way and the bad. Myself and Ashley bring you: Our LIST OF Reality TV'S LATEST Finest and Flawed Moments 2007!



BOTTOM 5

10. NEWPORT HARBOR

9. THE GIRLS NEXT DOOR

8. MAN BAND

7. SIMPLE LIFE

6. THE PICK UP ARTIST

TOP 5

5. THE REAL WORLD

4. THE ROCK LIFE

3. ROCK OF LOVE

2. BIG BROTHER 8

1. THE HILLS

No comments: